kitchen table math, the sequel: can't search comments

Saturday, January 13, 2007

can't search comments

I have just this moment discovered that we cannot search Comments.

drat

Of course, it will be just my luck that Ken or Rory or someone will know of a handy-dandy widget that would instantly correct the situation.

I am planning to discover the meaning of "widget" ASAP.

Speaking of which (speaking of "ASAP," I mean) the Weekend Journal has an article on a husband-and-wife team who track internet acronyms. ($)

You can see their work at Acronym Finder.

Maybe now I can find out what or whom the homeschoolers are talking about when they bring up their "DHs" and "DDs."

[pause]

Forget it.

They've got 12 pages for DD alone.

2 comments:

KDeRosa said...

In new blogger, widgets are just snippets of code you can add to your template and edit from the settings page.

Once google indexes the pages, comments are searchable, but I don't know of any search widget that searches comments specifically, though I'm sure it can be done.

dh, dd, and ds = darling husband, daughter and son respectively I believe

TurbineGuy said...

I did a google for a search comments widget and came up blank.