kitchen table math, the sequel: from the Irvington Parents Forum

Friday, January 19, 2007

from the Irvington Parents Forum

I'd like to share a great website -- www.kids-in-mind.com -- that analyzes that content of films so that you can evaluate whether a particular film is appropriate for your child to view.

What I like about the website is that it doesn't make assertions about whether or not films are appropriate. Rather, it offers detailed information in a completely non-moralistic manner so that you can make the evaluation yourself.

[Here] is the entry for The Devil Wears Prada, which I was considering watching with my 8 year-old. (We decided to watch it and it turned out to be fine for her, altho a little over her head.)

Hope you all find this helpful.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You know about The TV Boss, right?

Catherine Johnson said...

no!

I didn't!

Maddy said...

Thanks for the link to 'kids in mind' which I've added to my book marks. Up until now I've relied on 'rotten tomatoes' but having something that's more geared to children, especially younger children should help a lot.
Best wishes

Catherine Johnson said...

I know!

I was thrilled to get that.

Still haven't looked at TV Boss....