kitchen table math, the sequel: comments feed

Sunday, February 18, 2007

comments feed

I looked at the javascript, and other than the fact that the variables were all declared on one line (which shouldn't have been a problem, or if it did cause a problem, should have caused the whole script to fail, and not the dates of the comments displayed to be screwed up), saw nothing. The script itself is on another site, like a blogroll from blogrolling.com. The code here merely sets variable values, like the number of comments to display and so forth.

Note that I changed the number of comments to display, and that worked fine. The problem isn't here.

So I went to the page for the widget and read through the comments. A number of people are having the same problem. No fix has been suggested (and since the script is on another site, I can't look at the code and see if anything there is wrong), but a couple of people have said that blogger has screwed up its comments feed. That could be what's going on. Without being able to look at the actual script code, though, that's just a guess.

1 comment:

Catherine Johnson said...

This suddenly happened yesterday, in the afternoon I think, while I was writing a post.

I thought I'd messed it up....

Did other people notice the problem starting Saturday afternoon?

Thanks for troubleshooting!