kitchen table math, the sequel: new career path

Thursday, March 8, 2007

new career path

I find this article quite depressing.

Something like this happened to me at Dartmouth.

I broke up with my boyfriend, who was the editor of the newspaper.

So he published an entire fake edition of the paper featuring a photo of me and a news story in which I announced that I was pregnant and didn't know who the father was.

Since it was on paper, the whole thing disappeared as soon as everyone took out the trash.

If the internet had existed then, it would probably still be out there.


new career path

The trend has even spawned a new service, ReputationDefender, whose mission is to search for damaging content online and destroy it on behalf of clients.

This story makes me feel that knowing how to hack websites may be a new basic skill.

No comments: