kitchen table math, the sequel: summer in the city

Sunday, September 9, 2007

summer in the city

Ed says going to the U.S. Open means refusing to admit summer is over.

I'm sure he's right.

I spent all afternoon Friday at the Open and returned home with a sunburn, my first of the summer (which is not over).

I saw the Hennin/Williams match - brilliant. Brilliant! Unfortunately, I was forced to root for the short person, even though she was not the American. I know that's wrong.

Today we're off to the Roger Federer show. Thank God he's stopped wearing black. True, it was sexy. (Ed fails to appreciate this.) It was also ridiculous, a tough combination to pull off.

Now if the USTA folks would just get rid of the 12-year olds singing America the Beautiful, life would be good. memo to ktm readers: You do not want to hear a 12-year old singing America the Beautiful at a major sporting event.

Simon Cowell has a lot to answer for.


2 comments:

le radical galoisien said...

I rooted for Williams because she messed up the first few rounds and I have the tendency to root for the underdog (I realise the irony that she's the running champion). I enjoy seeing close games, so I sometimes switch my support if one player is winning too much. The game did pick up after that though.

I only saw the first half though; what was the result?

Catherine Johnson said...

Hennin!