kitchen table math, the sequel: U.S. Open

Sunday, September 2, 2007

U.S. Open




Watched the beginning of the Blake-Koubek match last night 'til midnight, then saw the rest on TIVO today -- amazing! People talk about matches being hard fought. This one was so hard fought the expression stopped feeling like a metaphor. At one point the two men were pounding away at each other so hard I found myself thinking, "These guys need to stop playing tennis and go kill some terrorists."

Two men enter, one man leaves
. Woo-hoo!

Koubek was like nothing human I've ever seen. The man moves like a cat. An extremely fast cat. He was so limber, agile, and ferocious I started rooting for the guy. Couldn't help myself.

Ed's a Blake man, of course. C. says his tennis teacher played doubles with Blake's father for years. He thinks they played a professional circuit.

We have tickets for tomorrow.


tennis

No comments: