kitchen table math, the sequel: Customer Review

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Customer Review

Just left this review of Work Hard. Be Nice. on Amazon:
By the end of Work Hard. Be Nice., I found myself weeping in every chapter. I think this book may become a classic.

I hope teachers will include Work Hard. Be Nice. on summer reading lists for upper middle school and high school students. Boys especially may cherish this book given how feminized our public schools have become.

Mike Feinberg and David Levin are teachers, yes, but they are fighters, too. They broke rules and they crossed lines. In this era of character education and "collaborative learning environments," the story of two young men who refused to collaborate with a failed system is strong medicine.
I need to get my Amazon review of Dan Willingham's book written, too. (Preview: 5 stars)

No comments: