kitchen table math, the sequel: Courtney James - math tutoring

Monday, May 30, 2011

Courtney James - math tutoring

Crimson Wife writes:
I have heard really high praise for Courtney James as an online math tutor
update: For some reason, the link works for me only when I cut and paste the address into my browser, so here it is: http://mathperfect.net/Tutoring.aspx

update update:

Andy writes:
The link is broken because there is a trailing non-breaking space in the link (it ends Tutoring.aspx%20 instead of .aspx)
Thanks!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The link is broken because there is a trailing non-breaking space in the link (it ends Tutoring.aspx%20 instead of .aspx)

- Andy

Catherine Johnson said...

Thanks Andy!

Now I'm Googling trailing non-breaking spaces...

Catherine Johnson said...

If you're still around, why does the trailing non-breaking space prevent the link working?

(I fixed the post)

Anonymous said...

"If you're still around, why does the trailing non-breaking space prevent the link working?"

Because to a computer something like "x" and "x " are not the same thing.

-Mark Roulo

Catherine Johnson said...

I know that - but I don't know what Tutoring.aspx%20 that Tutoring.aspx is not.

I don't see a space in the string I used - ?

Anonymous said...

%20 is, for HTML identifiers and links, hexadecimal 20, which is decimal 32, which is the space character (" ") in ASCII.

"Tutoring.aspx%20" is the same as "Tutoring.aspx " as far as the web server is concerned. And it very well may not be the same as "Tutoring.aspx" [although a web server might drop the trailing white-space ... the problem is that when you *explicitly append that %20, it sort of signals to the web server *not* to drop that last space character ...]

-Mark Roulo