kitchen table math, the sequel: I'm back!

Sunday, July 22, 2012

I'm back!

Wow.

That was intense. Eight-hour classes during the day, 3-hour reading assignments at night, tests each morning, no family, no dogs, no kitchen, AND a whole new group of classmates to get to know --- Working memory blowout!

By the end of the Week 2, I was having mini-blackouts in class. I would be sitting in my Learning Position, wearing my Learning Expression and Tracking the Speaker with my eyes, and....I would suddenly come to and have no idea how much time had passed since the last time I actually heard something the speaker said. It was like SAT reading, only for listening.

Plus try jumping rope 100 times inside a hotel room. (I hit 100 in June.)

All worth it.

I've just spent two weeks of my life witnessing what is probably the best teaching on earth.

Many notes to share.

1 comment:

palisadesk said...

Can't wait to hear about it!!

My experience was similar -- except it was for 3 weeks. I found the whole experience such an "upper" that I had no sleepiness issues, I was revved up the whole time. If I could have bottled that energy it would put amphetamines off the market;-)

Definitely the most exciting professional learning experience of my entire life. I only wish I could *work* in such a milieu -- but there was plenty I took away that I could apply.