kitchen table math, the sequel: email to the guidance counselor, 2007 edition

Thursday, May 24, 2007

email to the guidance counselor, 2007 edition

From: cijohn
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2007 4:17 PM
To: GM
Cc: Edward Berenson
Subject: Christopher's CTBS science score

Hi----

What did Christopher score on his CTBS science scale?

Thanks!

Catherine J

.....................

5/24/07
3:19 PM

Mrs. Johnson,
I checked with Mr. W and he said that we will be able to share scores once the science letters go out next week to parents. Would you mind emailing me towards the end of next week so I can give you the information?
Thanks,
G

....................

6/35/07
3:54 PM

Hi G —

This isn’t a question of “sharing.”

Under FERPA regulation parents are entitled to “inspect and review” their children’s school records.

The school has a legal obligation to “provide a parent with an opportunity to inspect and review his or her child's education records.”

I have made a formal request; the law requires you to comply. So, no, I will not email a second request “at the end of next week.”

I will, however, extend my request from a request merely to be apprised of Christopher’s CTBS scores to a request to review all of his educational records, Kindergarten through the present.

I am formally requesting that the school comply with federal regulation and provide me with an opportunity to inspect and review all of my child’s educational records.

Thank you for your ongoing support and cooperation.

Catherine Johnson


news from nowhere part 14
news from nowhere part 16
news from nowhere part 17
news from nowhere part 20
Earth Science at the Irvington Parents Forum
tracking in "high-performing" schools
Earth Science reform

email to the guidance counselor, 2007 edition
email from the guidance counselor
Earth Science

3 comments:

Tex said...

Thank you for your ongoing support and cooperation.

Is this the first time you’ve actually used this line? I love it!

Catherine Johnson said...

Is this the first time you’ve actually used this line? I love it!

Ed says nobody will get it.

Catherine Johnson said...

I sort of lost it with that email.

It's been a long day.

oh!

The day is not yet concluded!

We just got an email about next week's lockdown!

Five bomb threats this year, lots more collective punishment, letters home asking parents to "talk to your student"....