kitchen table math, the sequel: ordering DI textbooks

Saturday, May 12, 2007

ordering DI textbooks

dickey45 left a terrific URL:

Direct Instruction Reading Textbooks

I've just ordered a used copy of Understanding U.S. History Through 1914 from Amazon Marketplace (ISBN: 0964189275)

I'm going to see if I can find a copy of the second volume.

Here's d45:

I love the Understanding US History 1 & 2 textbooks. I took a class with Crawford (one of the authors) and they have a wonderful way of putting information in "containers" so that you can understand the information and you even learn to write comprehensive/application essays. Highly, highly, highly recommend.

2 comments:

Jo Anne C said...

Thanks so much for posting this and the history standards info contained in the post above.

KTM is the best!!!!!!!!

Do you know if the standards that Ed worked on have influenced the CA History standards?
http://www.cde.ca.gov/be/st/ss/hstmain.asp

Jo Anne C said...

Or perhaps I should have asked how does Ed think the CA History standards stack up?