kitchen table math, the sequel: dept of greatest hits: how to spell part 2

Sunday, September 16, 2007

dept of greatest hits: how to spell part 2




I don't know if I knew what constructivism was when I wrote this post about the Mapleton Teacher-Research Group in June 2005. (hit refresh a couple of times if the post doesn't come up) I'd heard of "fuzzy math," obviously, but I don't think I realized that the entire country, including my own district, was undergoing sweeping constructivist "reform," and had been for some time.

I certainly didn't know that ed schools had been teaching nothing but constructivism since the 1980s.

I found out about the Mapleton Teacher-Researcher group when I picked up a copy of their book, Spelling Inquiry, at the K-3 school here in Irvington and started leafing through it.

That should have been a sign.

No comments: