kitchen table math, the sequel: thank you for your ongoing this, that, & the other

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

thank you for your ongoing this, that, & the other




So....I'm thinking I may have to get this book.

Because.....you know......I probably haven't spent enough money on books this month, yet.

You can go get a "Look Inside" on Amazon.

So far I don't see any thank you for your ongoing cooperation and supports, and the only thank you for your interest in the middle school-type sign-off appears to be in a letter to a job applicant, not a parent.

Well, all I can say is, our middle school principal better put thank you for your interest in the middle school on a macro, because I am darned interested.

I'm so darn interested that I'm going to request copies of all materials concerning the middle school model the middle school Scheduling Committee has reviewed.

Of course, now that I think of it, it's entirely possible the Scheduling Committee has been asked to review no materials concerning the middle school model.

That would be interesting in and of itself.

2 comments:

LynnG said...

If I had to guess, I'll bet they've had a couple of scholarly papers discussing the unassailable benefits of the MSM. Maybe a newspaper article. A couple of testimonials. That would be that. Very glowing and rosy and one-sided.

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with a "task force" that is examining whether or not our students are graduating with 21st century skills.

Catherine Johnson said...

I'm trying to figure out what's going on with a "task force" that is examining whether or not our students are graduating with 21st century skills.

I would probably pay money NOT to have to review the materials that committee's looking at.