kitchen table math, the sequel: "gadget of the week"

Thursday, January 3, 2008

"gadget of the week"

Barron's has an online review of the StressEraser.

For the record, I don't agree with the guy. Ed doesn't have a Blackberry (neither do I) & the StressEraser works for him; in fact our kids' doctor, Eric Hollander, recommended it for sleep. Ed and I both find the reviewer's recommended alternative, a glass of wine, to be far less effective for sleep than the Stress Eraser.

I should add that I'm not sure the Stress Eraser is all that great for stress per se. Ed uses it for sleep, which is what I've used it for a couple of times. Once or twice I tried using it for stress but while I felt zoned out and calmly vague as I was using the thing I didn't feel particularly zoned out or calmly vague once I turned it off and got back to work (or back to avoiding work, whichever).

What the Stress Eraser is really good for is training. I can see physicians and health clubs using the thing to teach people how to breathe themselves to sleep at night. Once you learn you can do it without the feedback; the reviewer is right about that.


you heard it here first (possibly)
StressEraser on YouTube
a possible case of buyer's remorse

gadget of the week

No comments: