kitchen table math, the sequel: Help edit my sight word movie, please!

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Help edit my sight word movie, please!

I am working on a sight word movie for YouTube. (I'll also post at my website with a link from my sight word page.)

The YouTube time limit is 10 minutes. I've gotten it down from about 18 minutes to 12 minutes and 7 seconds, with 31 seconds of blank space I've reclaimed that will come off the end when I finish editing. (It's hard to move things around, it's easier to get a group of cuts done at once and then re-arrange en mass.) So, I have about a minute and a half of excess babbling I need help cutting out. I've watched it so many times I can't see the forest for the trees anymore. Also, I could go on for hours about sight words, they really are a huge part of the reading problem, every time I watch it I just thing of things to add, not things to subtract!

Thanks!

The movie is here: http://www.thephonicspage.org/On%20Reading/sightwordmovie.html

Sight Word Movie

I did have an idea about just reading parts of the quotes, but when I tried to explain that I was just quoting part of them, and that the full quotes would be available on my sight word page, that ended up taking longer than just reading the full quotes! I'll work on rephrasing that. Also, some of my viewers may have reading problems themselves, so I'm trying to get the full point across the audio.

No comments: