kitchen table math, the sequel: Have you "sporcled" today?

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Have you "sporcled" today?

My children and I recently discovered Sporcle. It's a fun (and free) site with 603 trivia games to date. The thing is, many of the games aren't so trivial at all.

Just today, the kids and I attempted to list the names of as many Countries of the World that we could think of before the timer ran out. We also have enjoyed U.S. State Capitals and the Periodic Table. Greek and Roman gods are fun too.

There's a category for history and one for language and my son's favorite, gaming. Just about anything you can imagine. So many of the categories really are a great review of important content knowledge: grammar, geography, science, and other important "stuff". And yes, some of it is just plain silly.

I'm not doing a very good job of describing what Sporcle is, but if you sporcle you'll know what I mean.

No comments: