kitchen table math, the sequel: Conflicker follow-up

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Conflicker follow-up

follow-up from Allison & redkudu on "eradicating the program before it is used":

Allison:
...they would be sending instructions to the infected computers the same way that you distribute a virus in the first place. essentially, they'd be trying to infect your computer with a "good" worm that replicated itself and sent itself to everyone on your email list, etc.

And while it sounds cool, think about how badly it could go wrong.

redkudu:
...if it's illegal for someone to commandeer your computer into a botnet, it's probably illegal to create something which also gets into the computer to give you a warning, maybe?

I just got a virus (several actually) a few weeks ago that ripped my computer to shreds and I had to get support. I had to give all kinds of agreements to allow the support folks to get in my computer from where they were and try to chase the virus down. (I could see what they were doing on my own screen, and she was in Asia somewhere.)
Interesting.

Does anyone know what's going on with Conflicker now?

No comments: