kitchen table math, the sequel: help desk - getting parents involved

Sunday, March 15, 2009

help desk - getting parents involved

Jenny asks:

I want to know how to get parents involved. I found out that our district is considering Everyday Math. I've talked with parents and most people just don't care. I was one of two parents who showed up to look over the materials. Our district obviously doesn't want parent input in the matter and it seems other parents are happy to oblige them. It's mind boggling to me!

I might start by asking a couple of parents to watch this video:





Then I might send this interview I did with my cousin to parents and suggest they forward.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I sent out this video. I'm hopeful that some parents will get agitated enough to make a phone call!