kitchen table math, the sequel: shangri la la la

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

shangri la la la



from Andrew Gelman's blog Statistical Modeling, Causal Inference, and Social Science and Seth Robert's blog at his website on the Shangri-La Diet.


Shangri-la, the collected works:

September 11, 2005
the Shangri-La diet

July 10, 2006
Shangri-La part 2

July 14, 2006
early adopter

July 17, 2006
the price of food in Shangri-La

July 17, 2006
Marginal Revolution on Shangri-La

July 23, 2006
your own lying eyes

July 23, 2006
the Daily Plate

July 24, 2006
Shangri La part 3

July 26, 2006
mind hacking food & Java

July 27, 2006
Larry Summers fallout

August 6, 2006
my life and welcome to it

September 12, 2006
Shangri-La 9-12-2006

September 17, 2006
Shangri La La La

October 24, 2006
real world math problem

Octboer 27, 2006
seeing is believing


photos
(click on links for full-size photo)

June 21, 2007
Christopher & Christian

August 12, 2007
Johnson & Johnston

January 1, 2007

Xmas photo


thumbnails













6 comments:

Catherine Johnson said...

I don't know whether you can see it in these photos, but I've lost quite a bit of weight, too.

Not sure how much...but it makes the difference between "slim" and "thin" or "normal weight."

Catherine Johnson said...

I can't necessarily attribute all of my weight loss to Shangri-La, however.

I lost a lot of weight this fall when I was severely distressed over my mom. (We thought she was going to die, but she has rallied.)

Nevertheless, the weight is staying off through the winter, which never happens.

I always gain at least 5 lbs in winter months.

Catherine Johnson said...

Speaking of winter, Jimmy and Christopher are both attempting to re-gain their weight

Jimmy has put back a few pounds; Christopher is threatening to put back a lot of pounds.

This is due to two facts:

-- none of us has the same level of executive function in winter months

-- dealing with our school district, especially with the math class, is extremely stressful & time consuming

Our school is a huge drain on energy, focus, and productivity.

Period.

Tracy W said...

I'm so glad to hear your mother has pulled through.

Catherine Johnson said...

Thanks, Tracy. I appreciate it.

I am NEVER going to be "ready" for my parents to die.

Ever.

Stephen said...

This was really neat, thanks for sharing it.