kitchen table math, the sequel: Fridays education quotes

Friday, February 16, 2007

Fridays education quotes

Educated parents are usually smart enough not rely on the education system to educate their kids.

Homework helps reinforce what the kids didn't learn in school.

Good schools are a bridge to success, bad schools are an obstacle course.

"Harvard is the storehouse of knowledge because the freshman bring so much in and the graduates take so little out." Charles Eliot

"In the first place God made idiots. That was for practice; then he made school boards." Mark Twain

5 comments:

Catherine Johnson said...

Homework helps reinforce what the kids didn't learn in school.

Have I mentioned any time in the pasg 10 minutes that I have a 353-page test prep book WITH NO ANSWERS to have Christopher do during winter "vacation"?

KDeRosa said...

I ended a letter to the editor critical of our school board with the Twain quote once. Started quite the stir. I recommend it highly.

Catherine Johnson said...

I ended a letter to the editor critical of our school board with the Twain quote once.

good lord

you've got me beat

Catherine Johnson said...

Actually, Rory's Friday education quotes concept is a GREAT idea!

I mean...it might be a great idea for a school district listserv...

The NY SUN has quotes every day. Wonderful.

Unfortunately I lost the paper that had two terrific quotes on the nature of political work.

TurbineGuy said...

Send me your quotes... I will post them again next friday-ish.