kitchen table math, the sequel: math night part 2

Monday, February 12, 2007

math night part 2

email from the Board:

As a follow-up to the January 22 Trailblazers Information Night for parents of students K-5, 2 math question and answer sessions will be held. One will be held tomorrow, Monday, February 12 from 7 PM to 8:30 PM and another will be held on Tuesday, February 13 from 9 AM to 11 AM. Both sessions will be held in Dows Lane. Kindly contact Dows Lane Principal xxxxx or Main Street School Principal xxxxx to confirm your attendance.

I was going to go to this meeting but I don't have the heart.

The principal is leaving, and we loved the guy.

I don't know what the issues are, why he's leaving, how parents there feel - I don't know anything. I hear the teachers are distraught, and Ed says this isn't the way to push someone out if that's what happened.

Christopher's years in Dows Lane and, after that, in Main Street School were happy ones.

Sometimes I wonder, Did we just have blinders on?

I probably did, but no more than I always do.

I don't think we were wrong about our own child's years there.


math night

No comments: