kitchen table math, the sequel: best song ever written

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

best song ever written

oh, boy

the DI list has a rip-roaring discussion of whole language going on - it is wild. I'm going to get down on my hands and knees and beg permission to re-post the whole damn thing, but until somebody tells me I can, here's the best song ever written, according to Martin Kozloff, who is evidently the Dr. House of the list, according to one of the other members.





I'd never heard this before.

Also, I didn't know there was a best song ever written.

Live and learn.

6 comments:

PaulaV said...

Go read D-Ed Reckoning now! Ken has something up on the whole language discussion.

Matthew K. Tabor said...

Cohen kinda lost me at the pickled eggs.

Barry Garelick said...

Cohen has kinda lost me for years.

Anonymous said...

I think this is the worst song ever written.

Robyn

SteveH said...

Cohen's musicality hasn't improved since "Suzanne" in 1967. As for the lyrics, I'm not 16 anymore.

Anonymous said...

Ha!

I thought I was the only person who liked this song. I am a sucker for this kind of stuff.

Leonard Cohen won the Male Vocalist of the Year award at the Canadian Music Awards. He said he never expected to win THAT award.

- prices