kitchen table math, the sequel: this afternoon's brilliant idea

Friday, March 30, 2007

this afternoon's brilliant idea




I'm going to have to get this book.

I think.


flap copy:
White papers are at the forefront of an educational marketing revolution. Powerful enough to lure readers and able to persuade with unyielding strength, the well-written white paper is a super weapon in the marketing professional's arsenal.

Wearing many hats, the white paper can talk business or converse technically, and it can inform or influence. Best of all—it is highly sought-after. The white paper's underlying strength rests on this premise: If you give readers something of value, they will give you their loyalty, and ultimately their business. This book aims to equip anyone with the tools necessary to immediately begin writing white papers that attract readers and keep them engaged.

sample chapter (pdf file)
White Paper Writer Industry Report

Ed has a friend from Princeton who quit journalism several years ago (bureau chief at AP) and has been making a bloody fortune writing White Papers and books ever since.

10 comments:

LynnG said...

You can make money at this? I'm actually shocked. I've read a million white papers and produced a few myself, but it never occurred to me that this was an "industry."

Nattkvinnen said...

Hello from Norway. ;)

Linda Kristin Sundseth

Barry Garelick said...

Apparently, the good ones are written in Norway.

Anonymous said...

Catherine - Yes a ton of money can be made writing white papers.

I think you will enjoy my book.

The report you linked to lays out what can be made writing white papers.

Also, this link on my blog explains why white papers are so important to businesses: http://www.writingwhitepapers.com/blog/category/statistics/

Mike

Catherine Johnson said...

You can make money at this? I'm actually shocked. I've read a million white papers and produced a few myself, but it never occurred to me that this was an "industry."

I know!

It's pretty cool.

Catherine Johnson said...

Doug?

Is that you?

Catherine Johnson said...

Sundseth, I mean.

Catherine Johnson said...

Hi Michael!

Cool!

It looks really interesting.

Andy Lange said...

The Norwegian Sundseth looks like someone who simply found and commented on a blog with posts from another Sundseth... I really doubt Doug would list his Astological Sign or Zodiac Year in his profile (if he even knows them)

Unknown said...

Its really great the white papers have such value. I also found a link at http://whatsonweb.blogspot.com which is damn good for white paper writer.