kitchen table math, the sequel: 14-0 Hogwarts

Thursday, November 27, 2008

14-0 Hogwarts

Oh my gosh, this is fun!

Hogwarts is on TV playing its traditional Thanksgiving game against its traditional rival, another Jesuit high school in Manhattan. The traditional rival is expected to win, mostly, I gather, due to "Famous Seamus," the running back who is so good he's rated 6th in the country.

Nevertheless, Hogwarts, at half-time, is ahead 14-0 -- they just scored a touchdown on a 60-yard reception with 18 seconds left to go in the half.

We're going to the game next year!

Ed and I are having another of our near-daily Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more* experiences. E.g.: I have never known a person named Seamus. I have never even been briefly introduced to a person named Seamus.

Of another player, a sophomore on the Hogwarts team, I believe, the announcer just told us that he is 6'1" and 240 pounds; his mom is the arm wrestling champion of New York state.

Magic.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!


* For passersby, I am Scots Irish Protestant, grew up on a farm in central Illinois; my husband, who is Jewish, comes from Levittown, PA. I don't know about Ed, but where Hogwarts is concerned I feel as if I've stepped off the planet I was on and landed on the planet I wasn't on. A fun planet.

the Hogwarts suite

1 comment:

Obi-Wandreas, The Funky Viking said...

Congrats on the 41-28 upset.

A few weeks ago we took our baby daughter to her first football game - my old high school vs. our arch rival, located about 3 blocks from our house. Our team scored their first touchdown while we were waiting in line to get in, and it only got better. We got to watch one small kid dodge 2 blocks, then leap over 2 more for a touchdown.

There's nothing quite like watching that sort of thing live. Enjoy next year's game.