- Polish Debbie's book (which is going to be a bestseller!)
- Write Introduction to "Writing Supplement" with Katie B
- Deal with annual school-board-and-budget mishegoss (we're in the 4%!)
- Either finish basal ganglia project or STOP thinking about basal ganglia
- Finish semester at Learning Center
Speaking of the election, this year's outing features:
- a 5.7% spending increase in a 1.26%-inflation environment
- a budget that breaks the tax cap
- a 4.85% tax increase that will actually be 7 or 8%
- multiple "She lies!" accusations flying around town
- mayoral interventions on behalf of aforementioned 5.7% spending increase
- fear mongering
- smoke blowing
And the district isn't doing get-out-the-vote robo calls this year. That's fantastic.
Still. I don't want to go through another Irvington school board/budget election, ever. But I figure we've got two more to go before we can get to Riverdale. Or wherever else we decamp to.
Bonus content: subtraction is harder than addition