kitchen table math, the sequel: “get a friggin' job, you bum”

Friday, April 27, 2007

“get a friggin' job, you bum”

Grandmother of 8 clobbers would-be robber in Tuckahoe

A warning to anyone thinking about robbing J. Villarina's Market Sandwich Shoppe: don't mess with Vera in the morning.
The 68-year-old grandmother of eight used a miniature baseball bat to clobber a would-be robber inside the shop on Columbus Avenue, where she works near the Metro-North train station, about 5 a.m. yesterday.

This happened close to my home. Vera is a doll, but quite feisty.

5 comments:

Tex said...

I’ve got to take Vera with me to the next BOE meeting. Or, maybe just borrow her baseball bat. lol!

Instructivist said...

He probably didn't know what hit him. Good for Vera!

Off topic.

I've received this video that shows a major disengagement with world events and the world of knowledge. Who's to blame if anybody? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

Catherine Johnson said...

I say take her to the Board!

And bring the bat!

Catherine Johnson said...

good lord

is that CNN tape real???

Catherine Johnson said...

I missed the "U" question.

I was thinking, "Is Uganda still a country?"