kitchen table math, the sequel: Attention, Parents of Children with Autism: Emily Wants to Hear From You About Mainstreaming

Monday, June 23, 2008

Attention, Parents of Children with Autism: Emily Wants to Hear From You About Mainstreaming

Here's the post: A life less ordinary?: Mainstreaming: your experience.

I'm putting together a journalistic report on mainstreaming and autism, and I'm interested in your input. If you'd like, please tell me about your experiences, understanding of the law, opinion about its application, anything that is related to the subject of mainstreaming and autism.

You can

  1. Email Emily at daisymayfattypants at yahoo and then dot and com.
  2. Leave a comment at this post: Mainstreaming: Your Experience

2 comments:

SteveH said...

Is there a common definition for mainstreaming? I was told that it's quite different from full-inclusion. I think I know the difference, but I would like to hear what others have to say.

Anonymous said...

There are several definitions of mainstreaming:
mainstreaming defined

I don't hear the term used so much any more. It preceded "inclusion" by decades -- often referred to the practice of having children from separate sped classes attend PE or art or something with same-age peers. Sometimes it meant having classes for severely disabled children in a community school rather than a separate school.

There's more info here:
About.com page re mainstreaming