kitchen table math, the sequel: online speed of reading test

Saturday, January 13, 2007

online speed of reading test

Of course, it's an ONLINE speed-of-reading test, so since people read 25% slower on computers* you should probably add 25% to your score.

(hey! maybe I should go ask a U.S. middle schooler to do that for me!)

+++++++

hmm....

rightwingprof's recent revelation that he is a severe non-fan of Jakob Nielsen has aroused my curiosity.

After stumbling across & reading this post, however, I'm still wondering.

Nevertheless, I for one do not want rightwingprof putting any time into explaining the deficiencies of Jakob Nielsen's many and varied usability manifestoes until he finishes up with Ricky, part 2.

________________

* according to Jakob Nielsen who is on probationary status around here, it seems

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. We want Ricky, part 2.

Catherine Johnson said...

He's working on it.

I can see it under "Draft."

Unknown said...

I'm waiting until more has happened.

Unknown said...

And I used to own ihatejakobnielsen.com.

Catherine Johnson said...

good grief

now you've really got me curious

i hate jakob nielsen

Catherine Johnson said...

ok, what I want to know is: did you sell ihatejakobnielsen.com??