kitchen table math, the sequel: education quotes

Sunday, February 25, 2007

education quotes

Today I am going to do something different. Here are some quotes from around the education blogosphere.

"Today, educators are better at making excuses and inventing phony disabilities than they are at making educated students." D-EdReckoning

"If we, as teachers, explore the notion of letting go the past and our fear of lost autonomy - in a profession which just might be clinging too tightly to the ideal of individuality for employees over the general welfare/benefit of its consumers - what might we accomplish?" RedKudu

"Public education: Turning our kids into babbling idiots, one by one." Right Wing Professor

"After having done the work to earn a Masters a few years ago, and never hearing about Direct Instruction once during that process, while having some other stuff thrown at me that was pure crap, this makes me a little angry." Dennis Fermoyle

"It’s hard to build on your knowledge if you don’t know much." Joanne Jacobs

"Constructivism is to education what creationism is to science." Instructivist

3 comments:

Instructivist said...

I love your education quotes and your review of edblogs but how could you have overlooked my creation: Constructivism is to education what creationism is to science. (mock hurt)

Instructivist

Catherine Johnson said...

I believe we've remedied this oversight!

TurbineGuy said...

Sorry Instructivist, I missed that one.

I think this week I am going to save the quotes as I go along.

This time I just spent 30 minutes surfing.

I probably missed out on a few.