kitchen table math, the sequel: know wonder learn

Sunday, February 18, 2007

know wonder learn








Apparently know-wonder-learn charts are hot stuff in the activating prior knowledge biz.

I like this one.

I like this one because of the 4th column. (The others all have 3.)

It's the unintended irony that appeals to me.

The unintended irony being that, really, when you come right down to it, nothing you're likely to research and write in middle school is going to make a whole lot of sense.

Especially not if your teacher makes you fill out a graphic organizer.

(Sorry. Just kidding.)

chart:
Maryland Department of Natural Resources

2 comments:

PaulaV said...

Catherine,

This is so funny! My third grader uses this exact chart in his social studies notebook. How I would love to add that third column! Think the teacher would find it funny?

Priceless!

PaulaV

PaulaV said...

I meant fourth column!

PaulaV