kitchen table math, the sequel: great moments in world history

Friday, March 30, 2007

great moments in world history

So yesterday we were all driving to Salon Vivace at 9 am to get the boys their haircuts (superintendent's day).

Ed said something about 20% of the public doing something or other, and I asked Christopher, "What fraction of the public is 20%."

"One fifth."


Until the words came out of his mouth I didn't know whether he could answer that question off the top of his head.


So.....ummm......I can't really say I've gotten the hang of formative assessment, can I?

1 comment:

Tex said...

When I read your first sentence I thought you were getting haircuts to go to some “Superintendent's Day” ceremony. That’s a scary image.

I love it when my kids surprise me in positive ways. I usually like it even better if there are lots of witnesses.