kitchen table math, the sequel: string theory is me

Sunday, November 11, 2007

string theory is me

Andrew is downstairs watching a show on string theory on C's computer.

Last night he was watching something on relativity.

Andrew still can't talk; can't do math (that I know of); doesn't appear to read much beyond the basics.

But he's watching string theory.

Of course, maybe that makes sense. I can talk, do (some) math, and read way beyond the basics, but when it some to string theory, I have no clue. Maybe unlike Andrew I'm spending too much mental energy on all that other stuff to have anything left over for physics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catherine,

Have you tried a word prediction program on your computer for him?

I remember you said that he arranges letters on the refrigerator.

I have a word prediction program for Daniel that sits on top of any program. As he starts to type, words appear in a box. The program will read the words to you. When you choose a word, it puts it into the sentence. The program will read a word or the entire sentence to you.

The program I use is called WordQ. You can download a free copy that you can use for a specific amount of days. So if it doesn't work for him, you haven't put out any money.

Check it out on www.wordq.com

Anne Dwyer

Catherine Johnson said...

Hi, Anne!

Thank you so much for reminding me of those programs ---- now I'm thinking the AlphaSmart, which he uses all the time, may now have a Word Prediction program.

(I'll check it out.)

That is a great idea.

I also MUST teach myself cued literacy. I'm sure he needs that; I'm almost sure he'll be able to understand it well.

C's new computer can run the cued literacy CDs, so I have to get going.

Thanks!