kitchen table math, the sequel: Dan Willingham - Ask the Cognitive Scientis

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Dan Willingham - Ask the Cognitive Scientis

Concernedctparent mentioned in a comment that she's going to read Dan Willingham's articles, so I'm posting the link here (it's on the sidebar as well).

The most important one is Inflexible Knowledge: The First Step to Expertise.

I think my pick for number two is Practice Makes Perfect - But Only if You Practice Beyond the Point of Perfection.

After that I think I'd read Allocating Student Study Time.

The Privileged Status of Story is fantastic, too.

They're all good - enjoy!


Willingham posts from ktm-1 (you may need to hit refresh a couple of times to bring these posts up)

Willingham on boys and girls

how knowledge helps

declarative memory

learning modalities

different learners

Left Back

practice and overlearning

how much practice and for how long?

coherent curriculum

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These were great. Thanks for bringing them back.

LynnG said...

Thanks for organizing this!

I never remember to check back for what the Cognitive Scientist is up to! This will help.

concernedCTparent said...

Thanks for saving me lots of time googling. Looks like I'm going to have a busy week! Can't wait to get started... Gracias

Catherine Johnson said...

These should always be VERY quickly findable, too. Just type in Willingham in the search line. I'm sure that will bring it up.