kitchen table math, the sequel: the project method

Sunday, June 24, 2007

the project method

Smartest Tractor suggested setting up an annual Worst Project of the Year Award.

Here's Steve H's reaction:
"...maybe the Kitchen Table Math Collective should send out an offical award every year to the teacher with the Worst Project Ever."
Great idea!

I'm game too.

Seriously.

It could make the national news. We could do it as an end of school year award. For our first award, we could select one from our current list.

One would have to specify which grade, which class or subject, and then a description of the project. Extra points should be given if it's done for math class.

Send out the press releases!

I've been mulling this over in my spare time.

It's a pretty cool idea.

I know how to write a press release, btw.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually its a great idea... and press releases will make it seem all... totally official.

You should post offical rules as well. I also say that any winner must include the school and state.

rory @ parentalcation

Catherine Johnson said...

gosh....I'll be a branded radical for all time....

but it **is** a great idea

it reminds me of the award given out every year for worst academic writing