kitchen table math, the sequel: Blogger help desk

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Blogger help desk

If anyone out there knows how to write (or copy) the code for Blogger's navigation bar, I would be very grateful. In fact, I would be willing to pay someone to fix it. I've been trying to cut and paste code all afternoon, and I can't get it right.

The navigation bar is what you see at the top of Katharine's blog.

For those of you who want to write posts, sign into Blogger.com and....the blog should pop up on a screen that shows blogs you own or contribute to. That's what I have to do now.

By the way, there's a working Search window down at the bottom of the blog. No idea what it's doing down there, and thus far I haven't been able to move it back.

Resources:
Fix Blogger Navbar issue
Restoring the Lost Blog Navbar
YouTube: Adding a Navigation Bar to Blogger
Google: Page Element Tags for Layouts
Google: About the Navbar

Problem Rollup Navbar Missing
Problem Rollup Navbar Missing

How to Remove or Restore Blogger Navbar

3 comments:

LSquared32 said...

Well, I'm glad "recent comments" is back. Most blogs I read only for the posts. KTM I read for the posts and the comments--people share such great ideas here.

Catherine Johnson said...

I know!

The Comments are a HUGE part of the blog (& of the reason to read it) --- that's why I'm constantly trying to get Comments posted up front.

(I'm chronically behind on that project, but that's another story.)

This actually worked out well in the end, because I absolutely could not find a way to restore Recent Comments. The reason they're back is that I installed the old back-up copy of the template.

Catherine Johnson said...

btw, you're a relative newcomer, but back in the day, when Carolyn and I first put the 'blooki' together (we called it a blooki because it was a combination book & wiki, in theory, mostly because it had a book-style index) .... the main reason I was writing the blog was to get help from the people who wrote Comments.