kitchen table math, the sequel: more stuff only teachers can buy

Monday, February 12, 2007

more stuff only teachers can buy

Triumph Learning

Christopher came home with a "New York Coach JUMPSTART Grade 7" test prep from Triumph Learning today.

It has 3 sample Grade 7 tests, all printed in the same font as the real tests.

No answers accompany the booklet, of course. So it looks like I'll be taking 3 sample New York state grade 7 math tests, seeing as how Triumph Learning doesn't sell stuff to parents.

Apparently this booklet is not the 11-dollar booklet we paid for a few weeks ago. That one I have yet to see. I keep asking Christopher about it; he says they've got it, but haven't done anything with it.

I'm guessing the smart move here is.....track down the Venn diagram website & write some Venn diagram problems.

ta-ta!

see also: Glencoe Top Secret Test Prep

_____________

state test coming right up (2006)
throwing money at the problem
more stuff only teachers can buy
help desk 1
state test coming right up (2007)
help desk 2
my life and welcome to it
inflammatory
canadianteacher.com
progress report
despair
28 out of 30

all the answers are belong to us
email to the math chair
second request
teacher's manual
it would be unusual
inflammatory
2 weeks off
the return of Ms. K

10 comments:

Instructivist said...

"Glencoe Top Secret Test Prep"

I found this:
http://www.glencoe.com/catalog/index.php/program?c=1679&s=1921&p=2718&v=NY

Catherine Johnson said...

oh wow

you are now seriously on top in Googling skills

I bet that book's fantastic.

AND....it only costs $7.98??

Why did we pay $11 for whatever the school bought for us, which I assume is from Glencoe??

Yet another mystery.

Catherine Johnson said...

oh yay

I can order student materials, but not teacher materials

I think I'll pass

Instructivist said...

Pretty maddening that they only ship teacher material to school addresses.

But then there is this seemingly contradictory note:

Online purchase capability is only available for U.S. Educators. We can only ship to U.S. school addresses. Please call customer service (1-800-334-7344) for deliveries to non-school addresses.


What does deliveries to non-school addresses mean. Will they ship after all if you call?

Catherine Johnson said...

What does deliveries to non-school addresses mean. Will they ship after all if you call?

Just because I have TIME TO BURN, I should call up and see.

Catherine Johnson said...

I love all these publishers colluding with school districts to keep educational material out of the grasping hands of the public.

If regular people got hold of this stuff.....LOOK OUT.

Catherine Johnson said...

I think I'll add up the money I've spent on middle school workbooks.

Right now.

Catherine Johnson said...

I really should hammer Glencoe.

This is ridiculous.

Their Parent Student Study Guide is fantastic, and their test prep booklet last year was very good I thought.

These things shouldn't be Top Secret.

Rudbeckia Hirta said...

Isn't "History Department, NYU" a school address. :)

Catherine Johnson said...

Isn't "History Department, NYU" a school address. :)

Good lord.

That never crossed my mind.

This is why you're a math professor & I'm not.