kitchen table math, the sequel: let's differentiate!

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

let's differentiate!

I love the worldwide web!

Q: Yes! I agree differentiating curriculum is my biggest challenge. I have only taught for 2 years so any words of wisdom or activities would be greatly appreciated.

A: I teach 3rd grade at a "low performing school." Currently, I use various independent research projects for the advanced students and use cooperative hetergenous groups for the students that are struggling within a certain area. A majority of my students are English Language Learners, so incorporating art into all subjects has proven to be a successful way to differentiate the material/information.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sister (the just-graduated math major) was reading over my shoulder and had a completely different idea of "differentiate" in mind ;).

-forty-two