kitchen table math, the sequel: teaching writing during the summer

Thursday, June 21, 2007

teaching writing during the summer

fantastic series of ideas on the Comments thread for Writing website. I'll try to get them posted on the front page later...

Also, three resources left by ktm readers:


from Ester:

Write Source Eval-U-Write
Write AtHome (homeschoolers like this)



from Vicky S:

very important: scored writing samples of student work from the University of Oregon


I am constantly looking for scored samples of student work; they're very hard to find.

I also have 3 models for book reports (one from Susan):

TimeforKids sample book report, check list, and graphic organizer (beautifully laid out)
expository book report (includes annotated book report - very nice, though graphically confusing)
Writer's Model Book Review (Susan's find - Holt - annotated - well laid out - pdf file)



Writer's Choice above average, average, and below average student work, grades 6-12

Grade 6
Grade 7
Grade 8
Grade 9
Grade 10
Grade 11
Garde 12

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome find, I will bookmark it and use it.

Anonymous said...

I also like that the Writer's Choice samples are a couple of paragraphs. I was having trouble just finding one page papers.

The other one is more for essays. They're both great to bookmark.

Catherine Johnson said...

I found a resource for college papers, too (college history papers) - I'll have to find the URL and post.