kitchen table math, the sequel: respite!

Sunday, July 8, 2007

respite!

Andrew went to respite care this weekend and the two days without him were a revelation. We had no idea how stressful it is dealing with him.

Good Lord.

He is STILL running away at every opportunity (the official term for this is "elopment"). We're living in a chronic state of subliminal terror that he's gone and we just don't know it yet. Last week the dogs ran away overnight when we went to Philadelphia for the day, and Andrew escaped twice in the same week. By Friday I was walking around in a daze.

news flash: I've mentioned a couple of times that my thyroid has pooped out.

Well, it hasn't. Misdiagnosis.

My problem is I'm living with two autistic kids. That's the diagnosis. With Andrew out of the house I crashed both days - slept til 10:30 this morning. I could probably have slept off and on for the entire day.

So: we need lots more respite, as much as possible.

And camp for Andrew next summer.

Camp for Jimmy, too.

Christopher says he wants to go to sleep-away camp next summer, so camp for all!

Also I need to get to bed at a decent hour.


recent elopement in school
respite
missing Andrew

CareTrak

No comments: