kitchen table math, the sequel: who is eduflack?

Monday, July 16, 2007

who is eduflack?

And why haven't I heard of him/her?

Or have I?

via Mike Goldstein, via eduwonk.

While I'm on the subject, I'm also asking myself why I apparently have no idea who Mike Goldstein is, either. When I saw he was guest-blogging (again) for eduwonk, I thought, Great! I love this guy!

Well, perhaps I do love Mike Goldstein; who knows? Turns out I was thinking Mike Goldstein was Mike Piscal, another eduwonk link.

Apparently my aging brain can't distinguish between two different charter school founders with the first name "Mike."

I hope that's not a sign of anything.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Catherine -- Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Eduflack, affectionately known as Patrick Riccards to my family and friends. I've spent the past 15 years working on strategic communications initiatives, most of them in the field of education. I served as senior counsel to the National Reading Panel and as project director for the U.S. Department of Education's Partnership for Reading. Along the way, I have worked on national and regional issues focused on education research, teacher education, high school reform, STEM, and teacher professional development.

I'm also a contributing author of Why Kids Can’t Read: Challenging the Status Quo in Education, published in 2006 by Rowman Littlefield Education and edited by Reid Lyon and Phyllis Blaunstein.

If you want to more of my background, go to www.eduflack.com. Or email me directly at eduflack@eduflack.com. I shy away from no questions or criticisms.

Catherine Johnson said...

I just bought the book, which I had been cruising for a couple of months now. When your website put you and it together, I ordered!

I need to set up a daily reading list of edu-blogs.